Our wholesaler of flowers and plants is always selecting only the best growers for our webshop. That is why we only have the most excellent growers in our range. Today we would like to introduce you to Dijk van Dijk
The Van Dijk family grows their crops with heart and soul. From fruit and vegetables in 1928 to Hydrangeas since 1990. Robin van Dijk is a third generation with his brother Marc. Robin is a real master breeder. He "breathes" hydrangea. His love for the product is noticeable for every buyer of the "masterpieces" of Dijk van Dijk. No one can exceed his mastery of hydrangeas, his eye for detail and vision of the market.
Dijk van DIjk comes from a family of entrepreneurs and are always looking for opportunities to grow in quality. To understand genetics in such a way that we can steer controlled until the best hydrangea is created. Beautiful plants that have a longer shelf life and only become more beautiful during the flowering period.
Roobos wholesale for flowers and plants: the hydrangeas of Dijk van Dijk
Hydrangea stands for grace, beauty and abundance because of the abundant amount of flowers and the generous convex shape. The flower also symbolizes gratitude and sincere feelings.
The Latin name of the hydrangea is Hydrangea and literally means water barrel: "hydro" (water) and "angeion" (barrel or jug). The popular name "hydrangea" first appeared in 1771. Made up by the French botanist Philibert Commerson. It is suspected that he named the flower after a woman. Several ladies are mentioned as his source of inspiration. Such as Queen Hortense, daughter of Josephine de Beauharnais and Napoleon. Or Hortense de Nassau, daughter of the Prince of Nassau.
Dijk van Dijk travels all over the world to gain inspiration and to make contacts to cross the best varieties and shapes with one another or to cultivate them into our own concepts.
So they have in their range
- It's magical! A revolution on your shelf because this hydrangea is getting more beautiful every week. A long bloomer that changes color and gives flowers easily for six months.
- Love Dutch soil and Japanese genes provide a romantic spectacle. A double-flowered hydrangea that brings joy to any garden and interior.
- You're the one Serene, steadfast and proud. The One is also one of a kind as a single flower. A hydrangea that brings poetry in early spring.
- Curly Wurly One out of thousands! Literally, because the striking curled petals are a self-discovered treasure. A real eye-catcher for people who love exclusivity.
- Smoked Hydrangea “Freedom with a sense of individuality”. This rebellious flower does it its way and shows beauty with a blackened edge.
- Original The Bi-color, the Teller and the Bulb Hydrangea are best known to the public. We also grow and deliver these varieties with the same love and passion as our "masterpieces".
As master breeder Robin van Dijk also says:
"As master breeders we are also treasure hunters. Our nursery is a "Hydrangea Wonderland" where we grow the most special hydrangeas. Unique headturning pieces that people have never seen! ”
Would you like to know more about Dijk van Dijk? Please check their website