Gebr. Van Velden from 's - Gravenzande has been a leading nursery for the most beautiful Amaryllis bulbs for many years.
The nursery was founded in 1960. Originally vegetables were grown, especially tomatoes, with lettuce and radishes in winter. But later they also started growing Amaryllis and they started to specialize in this.
They grow, propagate and improve amaryllis bulbs for dry sale. Over the years, they have realized a wide range of general bulb varieties, but also exclusive varieties that are only grown exclusively by them.
They also grow some of the amaryllis bulbs in pots. They use beautiful batches of bulbs from their own nursery or from third parties at home and abroad. They only work with the best quality: the pot has a large bulb with many flowers.
And in the spring they grow potted zantedeschias. Here too, the starting material is of good quality: a large tuber from which a plant grows with many shoots and flowers. They use new varieties with strong, bright colors
Roobos wholesaler for flowers and plants: the most beautiful Amaryllis from Kwekerij Gebr. van der Velden
Kwekerij Gebr van der Velden grows the most beautiful Amaryllis, or Hippeastrum in Latin. This bulbous plant from the Amaryllidaceae family, the Narcissus family. The Hippeastrum comes from America, from Northern Argentina to Mexico and the Caribbean.
Some tips to keep this beautiful plant beautiful for as long as possible
- Choose good potting soil for the bulbs in a pot that is at least 4 cm larger from the bulb to the edge of the pot. Amaryllises love soil heat, so there is a great place for these bulbs above the windowsill
- Place the pot in a spot that is as light as possible and at room temperature.
- In the beginning, give a little water so that the soil does not dry out, but that may increase when the buds and leaves start to grow. Never let it dry out, but certainly not soaking wet.
- Sometimes it is wise to use a stick to support the bud. This is especially useful with large-flowered and double-flowered forms.
- If broad green leaves appear from the bulb, the plant now also requires some food in the water every 2 weeks. The more leaves, the better the bloom will be next time. The plant produces 1 new flower stalk for every 2 pairs of leaves. When the night temperature is above 8 degrees (usually at the end of May), the plants can be placed in a sunny spot in the garden. Not in full sun, but certainly not in full shade. Continue to water and feed regularly. The leaves will now continue to grow and in some varieties can be up to 2 meters long.
Nursery Gebr. van der Velden has a wide range of the most beautiful Amaryllises. They have the single and double flowered Amarylises, but also Cybisters and trumpet Amarylises.
View the most beautiful Amaryllis from Kwekerij Gebr. van der Velden via their website. You can also find more information about this fantastic company here: www.gebrvanvelden.nl